JEE conduct two examination for applicants JEE Main, JEE Advance. First applicants have to cleared JEE Main and then JEE Advance. JEE Main 2018 is the India’s Top most popular engineering entrance exam. Every year more than 15 lakh applicants apply for JEE Main exam. It will be organized by CBSE for admission to B.Tech/ B.E. and B.Arch. Programme. With the help of JEE Main, students will get admission into NITs, CFTIs and other Indian engineering institutions. JEE Main is further eligibility exam for JEE Advanced which are offers admissions into ISM and IITs.
• Date of Birth (DOB): Applicants those who are born on or after 1 October, 1993 they are eligible for writing the JEE Main 2018 examination.
• Relaxation: Five years relaxation will be facilitate in the upper age section of ST/SC and PWD students
(i.e. DOB falls on or after 1 October, 1988).
• DOB will be measured as given in SEDC (secondary education board certificate).
JEE Main is directed in 2 different papers. Check below the exam structure for both the papers:
For JEE Main Paper-1st:- Course: Paper-1st is organized for admission to B.Tech/B.E. courses.
- Exam Mode: The examination mode for 1st paper will be PBT (offline) as well as CBT (online). Aspirants can select any one of the above modes as per wises.
- Subjects: The 1st paper will involve with Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics
- Number of Questions: 30 questions will be questioned from all above subject with sum of 90 questions having of 360 marks.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be included in Paper-1 only.
- Language: For all examination cities, the question paper will be have option of Hindi and English (except exam venue cities in Daman & Diu, Gujarat Dadra and Nagar Haveli where options for question paper will be Hindi, Gujarati and English). The options for question paper must be exercised during fill-up the online application form.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours duration will be provided.
- Marking Scheme: Applicants will be given with +4 marks for each right response.
- Negative Marking: In case of incorrect response, 1 mark will be minus.
For JEE Main 2nd Paper:- Course:2nd Paper is arranged for admission to Planning. /B.Arch. courses.
- Exam Mode: Mode for this paper will be PBT (offline).
- Number of Questions: 30 questions will be come in Mathematics (Part-one), 50 questions in aptitude (Part-second) and 2 questions for drawing including total 390 marks.
- Type of Questions: The Aptitude and Mathematics test section will have objective questions. Drawing test is a subjective type.
- Language: : For all exam centers, the question paper will found in English & Hindi (except exam cities in Daman & Diu, Gujarat and Nagar Haveli and Dadra where selection for question paper will be Gujarati, English and Hindi). The selection for question paper must be used while application form filling up.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours duration will be allow.
- Marking Scheme: Applicants will be provided with +4 marks for each right answer.
- Negative Marking: Incorrect answer, 1 mark will be subtracted.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-1||Physics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Paper-1||Mathematics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Paper-1||Chemistry||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Paper-2||Aptitude Test||50 Questions||200 marks|
|Paper-2||Mathematics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Paper-2||Drawing||2 Questions||70 marks|
JEE Main 2018 syllabus gives the some important information about chapters and topics that may linked in JEE Main 1st paper as well as 2nd paper examination. These papers are for alter (different) courses, so, syllabus is also commonly different for both papers. JEE Main syllabus for 1st paper includes some important chapters from Chemistry, physics and Mathematics which you already learn in 11th class and 12th class of ICSE, CBSE and other recognized boards.
Some important topics which applicants can prepare for the exam JEE Main for 11th standard:Physics: Unit, dimension, measurement, Mechanical Waves, Centre of mass and Inertia, Circular motion, Ktg and thermodynamics, Work, power, energy, Elasticity, Calorimetry, Thermal expansion, Kinematics, Newton’s laws of motion, Simple Harmonic Motion, Rotational dynamics, Momentum and collision.
Mathematics: Permutation and combination, Compound angles, Straight line and pair of lines, Sequence and progression, Trigonometric functions, equations, in equations, Solutions of triangle, Logarithms and related expressions, Circles, Quadratic equations and expressions, Sets, relations, functions, Mathematical induction and reasoning
Chemistry: Periodic table and properties, Nuclear chemistry (radioactivity), Chemical and ionic equilibrium, Gaseous state, Electronic displacement effect, Isomerism, Redox and equivalent concepts, Mole concept, Chemical bonding, Atomic structure Nomenclature of organic compounds, Chemical kinetics.
Some important topics which applicants can prepare for the exam of JEE Main for 12th standard:Physics: Geometrical Optics, Nuclear physics and radioactivity, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Gravitation, Current Electricity, Capacitance, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction & AC, Wave Optics, Electrostatics, Electronic devices, Current Electricity, Capacitance.
Chemistry: Solid State, Qualitative Analysis, Aliphatic Hydrocarbons, Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Liquid Solution & Surface Chemistry, s, p, d & f block elements, Thermodynamics & Thermo chemistry, Phenol, Halogen Derivative, Co-ordination Compounds, Carbon compounds, Metallurgy, Alcohol & Ether.
Mathematics: Probability, Differential Equation, Indefinite Integral, Definite Integral, Application of Derivatives, Determinant & Matrices, Vectors, 3-dimensional geometry, Limit, Continuity, Derivability, Method of differentiation, Area under curve, Parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola, Complex Number
Percentage Marks: To be capable for admission in NITs, IITs, CFTIs, applicants must have obtained 75% marks in 12th standard examination or should be in the top twenty percentile in the 12th class examination of respective (recognized) boards. The qualifying marks for ST/SC will be 65% only for these categories