An Act of Parliament in 1956 established the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) as an autonomous institution of national importance and defined its objectives and functions. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees and other academic distinctions. The degrees awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications for the purpose of the Indian Medical Council Act and notwithstanding anything contained therein, are deemed to be included in the first schedule of that Act, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from the recognized Universities of India.
Branches: 1.delhi, 2.bhubaneswar, 3.jodhpur, 4.patna, 5.raipur, 6.rishikesh, 7.bhopal
Question patternQuestion pattern:
- The question paper will be provided in either English or Hindi as per candidate’s preference.
- Each right reply candidates will get 1 mark and 1/3 of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- It is a Computer based exam which consists of 200 multiple choice objective type questions.
- The period of the exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The structure of the paper is given below:
SUBJECTS NO OF QUESTIONS Physics 60 Chemistry 60 Biology (Zoology & Botany) 60 General Knowledge 20 Total 200
Mode of Exam – AIIMS MBBS 2017 exam will be conducted in online mode which is a computer based test. You will have to make your answer’s choice in computer only and no sheet will be given to you for a scratch work.
QUESTION TYPE MARKING SCHEME Correct Answer +1 Incorrect Answer -1/3 (one-third) No Answer 0
AIIMS 2017 MBBS SYLLABUS
Here we are going to display AIIMS Entrance Exam Syllabus 2017 in the beneath section:
AIIMS 2017 MBBS Physics SyllabusMeasurement
Wave Motion: Optics
Kinetic Theory of Gases
Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, the first law of Thermodynamics.
AIIMS 2017 MBBS Chemistry SyllabusSection A: General & Inorganic Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Molecule and Chemical Bond
- Periodic Properties of Elements
Section B: Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
Section C: Physical Chemistry
- The State of Matter
- Chemical Equilibrium
AIIMS 2017 MBBS Zoology Syllabus- Histology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Reproductive System
- Developmental Biology
- Diversity of Animal Life
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
AIIMS 2017 MBBS Botany Syllabus- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development.
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
- Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
- The internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis.
- History, Importance, Factors and mechanism
- Transpiration and respiration
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
- Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals.
- Tropic and turgor movements
- Botany and Human Welfare